Books I Recommend
I love learning, and have always been surrounded by a fantastic collection of books, videos and magazines.
This is certainly the case when it comes to health & fitness works – it’s fair to say that I’ve checked out a lot of them over the years. Sharing everything from basic exercise techniques to the many, many ways to fine-tune your diet.
Here are a few personal favourites.
Dr John Berardi
When it comes to body transformation – whether that’s a increase in strength, packing on a bit of muscle or losing a bit of excess fat – this is the perfect place to start. Dr Berardi’s Precision Nutrition.
Bruce Lee : The Art of Expressing the Human Body
Bruce Lee & John Little
If you’ve ever watched a Bruce Lee film and marveled at his strength, speed, agility, endurance, flexibility or muscularity, this book should take pride of place in your collection. Unlike many other writings covering everything from Lee’s training methods to nutrition, this book is based not on the recollections of people around him; but on Lee’s own notes. Brilliant.
Strength Training Anatomy
This is a fantastic book. As Josh explains, it superbly shows what’s going on while you train. Love it.
101 Fitness Myths
A superb combination of fitness mythbusting and no-nonsense advice. If you’re not quite sure where to start, grab this.
Diesel Crew Bending eBook
Jedd ‘Napalm‘ Johnson
If you’re new to the world of nail bending, this is the perfect book to get. It’ll show you the exact techniques you’ll need to get started right away. Written by world-class bender Jedd Johnson.
Card Tearing eBook
Jedd ‘Napalm‘ Johnson
While we’re on the subject of grip work, you might like to try your hands at a little card tearing. Highly recommended.
If you’re just getting started and would love a bit of instruction, this is definitely the book to get. Jedd Johnson’s Card Tearing eBook.
No matter what your strength-training goals are, if you’re looking to become stronger, these are well worth checking out. Dive in.
DVDs & Videos
We’ve looked at a lot of DVDs over the years. Our favourites :
- Enter the Kettlebell! : The original and best. Pavel Tsatsouline’s Enter the Kettlebell!
- The Art of Scrolling Steel (2-disk DVD) : Turn lengths of steel into artwork. Jedd Johnson’s The Art of Scrolling Steel, or any large piece of rubber or carpet that’s available.
- Hammering Horseshoes DVD : Straighten them with your hands. And Jedd Johnson’s/Mike Rinderle’s Hammering Horseshoes DVD.
- The Silver Bullet DVD : Pick it up the right way. The Silver Bullet DVD.
- CRUSH DVD : Bend it. Jedd Johnson’s CRUSH DVD.
- The Encyclopedia Of Clubbell Training 5 DVD Set (RMAX) : Learn the right ways to use them.
The Encyclopedia Of Clubbell Training 5 DVD Set.
And to see what’s next on the reading list (or to recommend any of your own discoveries), come and join us over on Goodreads.